OLC improves lives by expanding and promoting English literacy within our community.
6 Facts About Us
- We are the oldest and largest literacy council in the state.
- We teach two types of students: Native English Learners and English as Second Language Learners.
- Last year, we taught more than 263 students from at least 30 different countries.
- Last year, we recruited and trained 65 volunteer tutors.
- We facilitated over 17,000 hours in volunteer instruction last year.
- Thirty-Eight percent of students advanced at least one reading level last year.
We Do This By Offering:
- Classes on subjects related to literacy
- Group tutoring sessions with students of equal ability
- Individual tutoring tailored to students’ specific needs
- Small, short work sessions on specific topics
- All of these services for FREE!
For a complete description of our services, classes and volunteer opportunities, please visit our website at www.ozarkliteracy.org